Author: Rachelle J. Christensen
Series: Jason Edwards FBI Chronicles #1
Genres: Romantic Suspense, Suspense/Thriller
Date: March 10, 2020
Publisher: Peachwood Press
A cryptic phone call overheard by a pregnant woman makes her the next target for murder.
One small piece of conversation heard by the wrong person changes everything. When Aubree Stewart answers her phone on the way to work, she has no idea that she is now in possession of a dangerous secret—one so powerful that even the Secretary of Defense is in peril. Unable to forget what she has heard, Aubree soon finds herself swept up in a world of danger, intrigue, and murder. With help from the FBI, Aubree races to protect herself and her unborn child, but the one thing she forgets to protect is her own heart.
Originally published in 2010 under the title, Wrong Number. It has revised and updated.
Rating: Mild. Mild kissing; mild (nonsexual) violence or horror
Forget What You’ve Heard
Rating: 4.5 stars
What I thought about this book:
• My interest was immediately captured when Aubree answered a phone call from an unknown person. Was this call a prank or was it real? This was the beginning of Aubree’s roller coaster ride for survival.
• This book was a romantic suspense that kept me engaged from the beginning all the way to the end.
• I enjoyed the mystery, suspense, and romance of this book. The author skillfully penned this read.
• There were many secondary players in this novel. They were varied, well developed, and interesting. They added depth to the storyline.
• The descriptions of locations and emotions were well done, easy to visualize, and to feel. I felt a part of the scenes.
• This was a clean read and I appreciated that fact.
I was given an advance copy of this book. My review was voluntary and my opinions were my own. This was another great book by Rachelle J. Christiansen. I highly recommend this book to romance fans who like action and suspense, too.