Author: Ann Dee Ellis
Genres: MG General
Format: Audio, eBook, Print
Date: July 11, 2017
Publisher: Dial Books
Twelve-year-old Olivia Hales has a foolproof plan for winning a million dollars so that she and her little sister, Berkeley, can leave behind Sunny Pines Trailer Park.
But first she has to:
• Fix the swamp cooler and make dinner and put Berkeley to bed because her mom is too busy to do all that
• Write another letter to her dad even though he hasn’t written back yet
• Teach Berk the important stuff, like how to make chalk drawings, because they can’t afford day care and Olivia has to stay home from school to watch her
• Petition her oddball neighbors for a circus spectacular, because there needs to be something to look forward to at dumb-bum Sunny Pines
• Become a super-secret spy to impress her new friend Bart
• Enter a minimum of fourteen sweepstakes a day. Who knows? She may already be a winner!
Olivia has thought of everything… except herself. Who will take care of her when she needs it? Luckily, somewhere deep down between her small intestine and stomach is a tiny voice reminding her that sometimes people can surprise you—and sometimes your family is right next door.
[bctt tweet=”12yo Olivia has a plan… but sometimes people can surprise you #middlegrade @anndeeellis YOU MAY ALREADY BE A WINNER”]
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”304462″]