Thirteen-year-old merman Exander wants to leave Atlantis to mingle with the humans and explore the world above. Talia, his best friend, wishes she was a guardian of a gate leading to the surface. She’d keep those nasty humans out of her beloved city of Atlantis. When Talia accidentally short circuits a gate, Exander is trapped on the wrong side, getting a crash course in navigating the human world.
As Talia fights to help Exander come home, she learns someone is closing the other gates, and it’s destroying the magic of Atlantis. If they can’t convince the magical creatures of the world to save the gates, the destruction of Atlantis will only be the beginning.
Title: Guardians of the Gates (The Gates of Atlantis #2)
Author: Laura D. Bastian
Publisher: Six Gate Press
Release Date: July 27, 2014
Formats: 320 pages, 5×8, softcover; e-book
Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy
Gates of Atlantis (Read in any order except #6):
• Banshee at the Gate by Wendy Knight
• Guardians of the Gates by Laura D. Bastian
• Secrets of the Mine by Juli Caldwell
• Magicians of the Deep by Jaclyn Weist
• Madness Behind the Throne by J.R. Simmons
• Battle for Acropolis by Mikey Brooks (read this one last!)
Leave a Reply