Terms and Pricing updated effective 1/1/23.
Your book can be part of our Win These Books! Monthly Giveaway — a monthly promotional opportunity hosted by Storytellers in Zion (SIZ). Please read the information below carefully before completing the Application form. Completing the form indicates your acceptance of the terms and descriptions below.
1. Read the information below.
2. Get a free MyBookRating ASAP.
(Click here for info on how do to this.)
2. Submit the SIZ Application form and pay the fee.
($5 for a full month of promo and exposure.)
3. Follow the “Get the Most of Your Sponsorship” tips.
4. Send your book to the winner.
Win These Books! Promotional Timeline
- Apply to participate. You can apply as soon as your book is listed on Amazon with a FIRM release date that occurs before the beginning of the month you wish to run the promotion. (Be sure to get your MyBooksRating BEFORE you apply.)
- Pay Invoice. Upon acceptance, you will be sent an email via PayPal. This MUST be paid by the 15th of the month before your promotion is to start. If you have not paid your invoice by the 15th, your promotion will be automatically cancelled, and your spot will be offered to another applicant.
- Promotion Starts. On the first business day of your promotion month, you’ll receive an email with tips for making the most of your promo. You can also access these tips here.
- Promotion Duration. During your promo month, your book will receive special attention on the SIZ website; two individual promos on SIZ social media accounts; be included in a weekly group promo; and included in the SIZ weekly newsletter. The promo schedule will be posted in the Storytellers in Zion Authors Facebook Group. Please join.
- Promotion End. The promotion officially ends on the last day of the month. On the next business day, I will randomly select the winner of your book and send their contact information to you. It is expected that you will contact the winner to make arrangements for awarding their prize within a week of the end of the promotion.
- Cancellations and Refunds. If you need to cancel or reschedule after you’ve been accepted to the promotion, please let me know ASAP! I will need time to find someone else to take your spot. If you have already paid the fee, refunds will be made on the following basis:
Before the 20th, full refund minus any PayPal fees to return it.
After the 20th, no refund (as I will have already put in time to create your promotional materials). However, you may apply that to a future promotion within the next 6 months.
Book Eligibility Requirements
- Authors. Authors must be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and willing to be promoted as such in connection with this site.*
- Spotlight Post. If your book is not already on the site, your free Spotlight post will be created using the information on the application from. (What is a Spotlight Post? See here.)
- MyBookRatings. Your book MUST have a rating on MyBookRatings. Usually it needs a moderate or milder rating to sponsor. However, it depends on why it has a particular rating. What qualifies as an exception is totally at my discretion. CLICK for step-by-step instructions on how to get the rating.
- Release Date. Your book must have been released in the past 6 months. (A few exceptions may be made for re-releases with significant changes to storyline or length.)
- Formats. Book prize may be awarded in your choice of print, e-book and/or audio formats. To offer the e-book option, you must be able to provide it in both .epub and .mobi formats.
- Availablity. Book must be currently available for purchase at Amazon.com OR up for pre-orders with a release date during the first week of the month.
- Frequency. Authors may only sponsor with one book prize per month and may not sponsor two months in a row (unless I am low on sponsors). If you have multiple titles released in a year, each title may have a turn at sponsoring depending on space availability. Sponsorship will be allotted in a way that’s fair to others who want to sponsor. (Example: Depending on the length of my waiting list, your first book may sponsor in January; second book might not have a turn until August or later.)
- Series books. If book is part of a series, at their discretion, sponsor may choose to give the winner the option of receiving a previous book in the series. (Example: Advertised book is #4 in the series, but if the winner hasn’t read any of them, they may request books 1, 2, or 3 instead.)
- Publishers. Publishers may sponsor and may submit multiple authors/books. Each author will be considered as a separate submission. However, a single publisher may not take every sponsoring space in a given month.
Acceptance and Verification
- You will be notified of acceptance via email in advance of your sponsorship month. (Please put my email, email@example.com, in your safe contacts list.)
- You will be sent a PayPal invoice upon acceptance, from my parent company InkSplasher. This invoice MUST be paid by the 15th of the month before your promo. (Example: If your promo is in February, your fee must be paid by January 15th.)
- Acceptance for giveaway spots is totally at my discretion and requests may be denied for any reason, including but not limited to:
- Competition: too many applicants, less popular genre
- Unprofessional conduct: slow/no response to emails, missing deadlines, canceling with short/no notice, failure to send prizes, failure to participate in cross-marketing
- Content or quality issues: poor writing or cover presentation, offensive content
- Any reason I feel your book is a poor fit for my readership.
- As a courtesy to me and to stay informed on future sponsoring opportunities, please subscribe to my newsletter and check the Authors & Publishers Only option.
- Also, please join the Storytellers in Zion Facebook Group where I will post schedules and other information.
- Giveaway Promos last for one calendar month. All regular Win These Books! monthly giveaways follow these guidelines. (There will be no Win These Books! promotion during the months we have a Reading Challenge.)
- A Monthly Giveaway Info Post will be created and posted to the site on the first business day of the sponsoring month, or very soon thereafter. Throughout the month, promos for the giveaway will be posted to various social media sites and included in StorytellersInZion.com’s weekly newsletter.
- Info Post will include an image of the book cover; book title linked to Amazon.com; book description; author name linked to author website or blog (when available); author photo; short author bio.
- Sponsorship spots shall be limited to six in any given month.
- Sponsoring books will be listed alphabetically by title on the giveaway post and on the scheduled for social media posts.
- Book cover images and links will also be posted in the sidebar.
- Book cover images in the sidebar will be deleted when the new month’s sponsorship begins. Info Posts will remain part of the blog indefinitely.
- Newly released and seasonal books will be given preference.
- Offers of bribes (while happily accepted) will not effect the selection process.
- On the first business day of the following month, or very soon thereafter, I will randomly select and announce the prize winners.
- Winners will be displayed on the Rafflecopter widget and sent a notification email.
- Winner’s email address will be forwarded to sponsor. Sponsor should contact the winner as soon as possible to determine shipping address (for print books) or delivery/format preferences for ebooks and audio books. Please ship or email prize within one week of receipt of address. Also, please keep the winner’s personal information private. Do not add them to newsletter lists unless requested by winner.
- Print book prizes are shipped to the winner at sponsor’s expense, packaged in such a way that the book will not be damaged during shipping. I suggest USPS Media Mail as it is the least expensive method. All entrants will have a U.S. mailing address.
**I use my Amazon Affiliate links and earn a small percentage on the sale.
Although I cannot imagine a problem developing, I have been advised to state the following: The owners of Storytellers In Zion (www.StorytellersInZion.com) make no claims nor offer any guarantees of effectiveness and shall not be held responsible for any traffic or lack thereof generated by sponsoring Storytellers In Zion. Storytellers In Zion shall not be held liable and prizes may not be retracted if sponsor post is up a few days after the first of the month. The owners of Storytellers In Zion, other companies that support or contribute to Storytellers In Zion, readers, family, friends, neighbors, etc., etc., etc. CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE for any outcome, positive or negative, that may or may not arise from participation in this sponsorship program, including but not limited to individual blog/website traffic or lack thereof as generated by participation on this blog and/or its contests; increase or decrease of book sales; a late post date; or anything else that may or may not irk you. SPONSOR AT YOUR OWN RISK.