Keep this page open and carefully follow the instructions for completing the form.
CONTACT & BILLING INFORMATION
- Contact Name. This is the name of the person completing the form. You can be the author, the publisher, a PR, or a marketing assistant. As long as you have the author’s permission and can verify that all the information is correct, go ahead.
- Contact Email. This is the email of the person completing the form and the one to which I will send notification of acceptance. Please make sure it is an email that will be checked regularly.
- PayPal E-mail. This is the email to which I should send your PayPal invoice. Please make sure it is an email that will be checked regularly.
ELIGIBILTY AND TERMS
- Are you LDS? If the book has a single author who is a baptized member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and wishes to be identified as such, check YES, I am LDS.If multiple authors contributed to the book, check Some Authors are LDS, then move on to the next question.
- Book Eligibility. Check YES if you have carefully read and understand the information on the LDS Ebook Promotion page AND your book meets these requirements.
- Agree to terms? Check YES if you agree to all the terms as described on the LDS Ebook Promotions page.
- Agree to payment policy? Check YES if you agree to the payment policy as indicated on the LDS Ebook Promotions page.
- Agree to refund policy? Check YES if you agree to the refund policy as indicated on the LDS Ebook Promotions page.
PROMO DISCOUNT INFORMATION
These dates and prices are the ones I will put in the email blast and on the social media posts. It’s fine if you want your Promo Start Date to be 1 or 2 days after the discount on Amazon goes live.
- Promo Start Date. Select the date for your promo email and social media posts. Your book must be at the discounted price by 6:00 a.m. MST on this date. Check your calendar. I do not send promos on Sundays.
- Promo End Date. Select the expiration date for your discount price. Your book must be at the discounted price until 12:00 a.m. (midnight) MST on this date.
- Regular Ebook Price. Enter the regular price for your ebook, not the print book.
- Promo Price. Enter the discount price for your ebook. It must be at least 50% off the regular ebook price; $3.99 or less. If it’s free, type in FREE.
- PermaPrice? If this book is Permafree, or always at the Promo Price, check yes. If this reflects a temporary discount, check no.
This information is used to promote your book correctly.
- Book Title. Carefully type the title of the book, exactly as it appears on the front cover. It should also be the same title as listed on Amazon.
- Series Title. If your book is part of a series, carefully type the series title. This should be the same series name as listed on Amazon.
- Series Number. Type the sequence NUMBER for this particular book’s place in the series. This should be the same series number as listed on Amazon. You will get the most mileage by offering the first book in the series.For novellas, use the #.5 to indicate where in the series they should be read. For example, a prequel novella would be Series Name #0.5. A novella that occurs between books 3 and 4 would be Series Name #3.5.
- Author Name(s). Carefully type the name of the author(s), exactly as it appears on the front cover. It should also be the same name(s) as listed on Amazon. (Yes, this happens a lot. Fix it!)
- Book Description. Type a short teaser for your book. You are limited to 140 characters, including spaces.
- Page Count. Type in the page count for your book. Books must be at least 90 pages. That means 90 pages of the main story, not 60 pages of story with promo material taking up the remaining pages.
- Amazon Link. Find your book on Amazon and copy and paste the entire URL for the ebook post in the field.Your book MUST be on Amazon for the promo. Affiliate links are the main way I cover the costs of the site.Also, I will use the book cover that is posted on Amazon for your promo. If your cover will not resize a to standard 300 x 450px image without distortion, it will not be accepted for promo.
- MyBookRatings.com Link: If you have not already rated your book at this website, go do it now. It takes about 3 minutes to fill out the form. It usually takes a few days to post. Once it’s live, copy and paste the entire URL for your book’s rating page in the field.
- Age Group. Select one age group from the list. Yes, I know that many books have cross-over readers but I want to know the targeted age of your reader.I promo three age categories—Middle Grade (reader ages 8-12), Young Adult (reader ages 12-18), Adult Readers (ages 18+). If you’re not sure who your target reader is, do some research before applying.
- Genre Category. Select one category from the list on the form. If your book crosses genres, select the one you honestly feel is the best fit for your book. For example, if it’s speculative romance, which is the driving theme/plot of the book? If it’s a romance set in the future, select Romance. If it’s science fiction with a side of romance, select Speculative.
- Sub-Genre Category. Sub-genres are smaller categories that further define the content of your story. I sometimes use these instead of or in addition to main categories. Include any that you feel may help attract your target reader.For examples of sub-genres, check Amazon. In the left sidebar you’ll see major genre categories. If you click on one, it will show a much longer list of sub-genre categories.
- LDS Content. If your book has any LDS Content (LDS vocabulary, scriptures, doctrine, traditions, etc.) or if any of the main characters in your book are LDS, check YES. If not, check NO.
- Religious Content. If your book has content about any religion other than LDS (prayer, testimony, teachings.) or religion is an integral part of a main character’s story arc, check YES. If not, check NO.
- Religious Content Type. If you checked Yes on Religious Content, give a short description of the religion included (Christian, Jewish, etc).
This information allows me to tag your on social media when I post your promo.
- Author Facebook Page URL. If you have a Facebook Author PAGE (this is a page where people “like” you, not the personal profile where they “friend” you), put the full URL in the field.If you do not have a Facebook Author Page, type NONE.
- Author Twitter Handle. If you are on Twitter, I need your handle/username only. This is what shows up with the @ character in front of it—but DO NOT INCLUDE THE @. That makes my form go nuts.For example: my Twitter URL is https://twitter.com/LDSBookGeek and my handle is @LDSBookGeek. So I would type LDSBookGeek in the field on the form.If you’re not on Twitter, type NONE.
ADDITIONAL NOTES OR COMMENTS